22 April 2007

Singin' On Sunday - A Weekend in Seattle

Went to Seattle on Friday with the intent of getting a little culture. When I asked at the hotel front desk if there was any jazz happening nearby, Michelle brought out a schedule from Dimitriou's Jazz Alley, just six blocks or so from where I was staying, that told me that Larry Coryell and Mose Allison were playing. I couldn't believe my good fortune. So for a relative pittance, I had the pleasure of being serenaded by a couple of jazz legends while I enjoyed a dinner of Caesar salad and perfectly cooked calamari in a spicy smoked paprika coulis, followed by a fine Seattle Cheesecake Co. offering. WOW !! Richard Jehn

Larry Coryell Live at Sevilla 92


kazuhito yamashita larry coryell vivaldi


Van Morrison & Mose Allison


"Was" by Mose and Amy Allison


From a commenter on YouTube: this was shot by Richard Numeroff and Sound Recorded by Sean O'neil for a doc on Mose... this scene didn't make it into the final cut... but she's got a unique sound that she uses well... has no illusions... there is a tenderness of her reaching out to Mose that i hope comes through a bit...

this is in his home...

Only a few posts now show on a page, due to Blogger pagination changes beyond our control.

Please click on 'Older Posts' to continue reading The Rag Blog.